Market for Nerds On Site
Did you know that a projected 59% of small- and medium-sized businesses are expected to increase their technology budgets, which is Nerds On Site’s target demographic? And that Information Technology is a multi-trillion dollar industry making over 3.7 trillion dollars worldwide in 2014, 28% of which came from the United States?
Below, we hope to provide you with some basic answers to each of these questions.
What does this mean? The IT industry is a rapidly expanding and profitable industry with a higher demand for companies like Nerds On Site to fill the expanding need for quality IT, especially in the SME space which Nerds On Site caters to.
Not only that, but as technology continues to be an important part of our lives and economy, more IT professionals will be needed to keep things running smoothly. That’s where your team of Nerds will come in when you become an area development franchisee. Your team of Nerds will help fulfill this demand for IT professionals by responding to and fixing the ever-present concerns of technology users.
Below are just a few things you should know about the future of the IT industry.
- Information Technology is a multi-trillion dollar industry. In 2014:
- Worldwide: $3.7 trillion
- United States: 28% of worldwide total
- Between 2001 and 2011, employment in computer-based jobs increased by 232,300 jobs or 18%
- The IT sector outperformed most other industries in the United States in the past five years**
IT in the Future
- IT industry is expected to grow 5% worldwide
- Projected 59% of small- and medium-sized businesses to increase their technology budgets
- IT jobs are predicted to grow 22% through 2020, according to the U.S.
- For IT managers, employment is projected to increase by 55,800 jobs, or 18%, to 363,700 jobs by 2020
Outsourcing has become a popular option for SME businesses in recent years as it allows companies to improved their efficiency while reducing costs. In 2013, 43% of the IT sector was outsourced to companies. In recent years, outsourcing trends such as going vertical, shifting to managed services, developing best-of-breed strategies, looking for outcome-based pricing, among many others, ensure that we will continue to see an increase in ITO and a decrease in the BPO market in coming years.
The computer and information systems industry is expanding quickly, and the demand for IT support needs to be met. Contact us to find out how becoming a Nerds On Site area development franchisee can help you take advantage of this growing industry.